Why Michael’s 10×5 Boot Camp Is a Gamechanger
You can easily spend hour after hour, day after day, listening to podcasts, reading blogs, subscribing to newsletters and scanning message boards about how to write a screenplay.
But for all the vital information to be mined from this ever-grwoing motherlode, learning has a fundamental limitation: it’s passive.
And it’s sneaky. Because seeking out that magic shortcut can make you feel like you’re being productive.
But it’s not writing.
Only writing is writing.
Everything else is stalling.
“Only Writing Is Writing. Everything Else Is Stalling”
— Michael Colleary; screenwriter & taskmaster
How the 5×10 Screenwriting Boot Camp Breaks Down:
5 Motivated Writers x 10 Intense Weeks = One Finished, Professional Screenplay!
I’ve modeled the course on the typical studio development deal. You’ll complete all steps required to produce a professional-quality, feature-length screenplay. These steps include:
- A 5-15 minute pitch of your screenplay idea.
- A 2-page story treatment based on your pitch.
- A 10-15 page plot outline based on your story treatment.
- A 90-110 page screenplay based on your plot outline.
If you’re unfamiliar with these steps, not to worry – the 5×10 Boot Camp will address this.
The 5×10 Screenwriting Boot Camp Is Organized in 3 Specific Sections.
- In weeks 1-2 we’ll dig deep into all aspects of screenplay structure so you’re totally prepared to start shaping your script.
- In weeks 3-5 we’ll work through all the steps required to turn a 5-minute pitch into a detailed, scene-by-scene outline that will get you writing with confidence.
- During weeks 6-10 you’ll be hitting weekly deadlines as you crank out your first drafts.
When we’re not troubleshooting pages, I’ll be discussing other key aspects of your screenwriting career – from how to manage Industry relationships to developing ironclad productivity to nurturing work/life balance.
Schedule and Time
We’ll meet up online once-a-week based on everyone’s availability for 3+ hours. It breaks down like this: